The FiwixOS 3 Installation CD-ROM includes the binary form, the source code and the patch file (if needed) of every single package installed in the system. It also includes the kernel source code and a set of example programs to stress and test some kernel features. The CD-ROM is shipped in the form of a live operating system.
The FiwixOS 3 Flat IDE Disk Raw Image contains a pre-installed FiwixOS 3 system, for use in virtual machines. Changes made to the system are persistent.
- FiwixOS 3 Installation CD-ROM FiwixOS-3-i386.iso
- FiwixOS 3 Floppy (1.44MB) with initrd using RAMdisk driver FiwixOS-3-initrd-i386.img
- FiwixOS 3 Floppy (1.44MB) FiwixOS-3-i386.img
- FiwixOS 3 Flat IDE Disk Raw Image (1GB, for QEMU, VMware, etc.) FiwixOS-3-i386.raw.gz
SHA256 checksum: ab7da05cbce9ecce254d2b4d90dd7a2981f9f18157a00c5a9951743be8dddd2f
SHA256 checksum: 9ec69b7b1a7554ff1aad784304c3926cad69e95abcac1f8a846a7f6251e25fd9
SHA256 checksum: 2e72d34a22e78b89b38870f7831825341d71a4caf4f93e8c2cc37935375d836a
root's password is root.
SHA256 checksum: 84a7f3b2fa0049e632cc0ca55cfd9c3258a7fbc75741fec9e7d9d1df25f93618
- Fiwix kernel v1.2.0 (also included in the CD-ROM) fiwix-1.2.0.tar.gz
- Source code in PDF fiwix-1.2.0.pdf
SHA256 checksum: 42ef874aabb3a171f0eb92cdd094b467e374cfb5737938eea487dc0a89f606cf
SHA256 checksum: 0312ac022a27f39eafa9f771f77a64df6f45023a677c12800456391a9dfca86c
- FiwixOS 3 Media Setup FiwixOS-3-Media-Setup.tar.gz
SHA256 checksum: 343ce8957b55157dd9d06339a735c95968783cd659a1d2d15519bba9aae6350d
- Example of installing FiwixOS 3 on a hard disk by booting from the Fiwix Installation CD-ROM (using QEMU):
qemu-img create hd.img 1G qemu-system-i386 -drive file=hd.img,cache=writeback -cdrom FiwixOS-3-i386.iso -boot dEither on a virtual machine or in real hardware, let the system boot and when you are ready just type:
If you plan to install FiwixOS 3 on a very old hardware (i386 or i486), you might want to use the floppy disk as a boot media in case the BIOS is not able to boot from the CD-ROM.
WARNING: the kernel and the software included might contain (un)known bugs and vulnerabilities - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
There is an archive of old FiwixOS versions here.